Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Biysk 1
The longest coach journey was on Fri 11th July from Novokuzneck to Barnaul via Biysk, some 400 km. It was a comfortable Chinese built Sun Long about one year old with two friendly and co-operative drivers. My understanding is that the coach is based in Kemerovo and had left at 04:00 and driven 200 km to pick us up.

1. A road side pee and cigarette break. (I had been dozing with my glasses pushed back over my head when the coach stopped. I got off, peed, got on and we had set off before I realised I hadn't got my glasses.)
2. Siberia is sparsely populated and the main roads often bypass the villages but we stopped for a more formal break in this village.
3. We parked alongside two local buses which were also having a mid-morning break.
4. Group members including me without glasses in the foreground.
5. Locals returning to their bus which also came from Novosibirsk. It is going to Zdrinsk which isn't on my map.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: